If you are a seasoned snowboarder, you’ll recognise how important waxing your board is. Snowboard wax kits are crucial as waxing your board can help you to improve your speed and friction when you are on the slopes. It can also help to improve the lifespan of your snowboard by allowing you to work out any minor imperfections and keep it looking its best.
What to look for in a Snowboard Wax Kit
Most wax kits will have wax that needs to be melted onto your board using a wax iron. Some kits come with a wax iron, others don’t, but these can always be purchased separately.
Other useful things to look for in wax kits are cleaners, to help you get rid of all the old wax and dirt etc, off your board, before you apply your fresh wax. Scrapers are also important. Once you’ve applied your wax, you should scrape it off your board, until it looks like you’ve scraped it all off – it soaks into the pores of the board, so there will definitely be plenty on there! Other useful products include brushes and microfibre towels.
5 Best Snowboard Wax Kits
Presented below are 5 great snowboarding kits, currently on the market:
Demon United Snowboard Wax Kit
First, is the Demon United Snowboard kit.
- Comes with flat file, edge tuner, wax scraper, tuning stone, wire brush, iron, polish pad, P-tex, and a carry case.
- Bonus**Includes 133 grams of Demon All -Temp Wax & Wax instructions
- Everything you need for a complete snowboard/ski tune
- The iron is a high quality, custom built wax iron perfect for skis and snowboards.
- The iron also has an easy turn dial temp gauge and a Lifetime Warranty.
This kit comes with a mini wax iron that has a lifetime warranty! Everything comes in a heavy-duty case, including iron on wax, brushes, scraper and polish pad. This would be a great all-round kit for a beginner. While a bit pricey at £77.99, it includes everything that you need to keep your board looking it’s best and once you have an iron, that’s an initial expense that will last you a long time!
Butta Graphite Wax Service Kit
Second, is the Butta Graphite Wax Service Kit:
- New Butta Graphite Wax - This is mega fast and long lasting.
- In the service kit you will get – Butta Graphite Wax 200gm, Butta black towel, Butta brush, Butta green stuff cleaner, Butta lanyard and a Butta scraper all supplied in a retrotastic tin.
- Free Stuff – We will give you a face mask, sticker and a detailed Rebel Square base waxing guide.
- As with all Butta products, this kit is as kind to the planet as possible.
- These kits have JUST been released so you could be the first person in the WORLD to have one.
This handy little kit comes in at £39.99, it includes wax, a towel, brush, cleaner, scraper and a mask. This kit doesn’t contain a wax iron, so is best if you already have a wax iron or would be ok with buying one separately. This is a brand which is very environmentally conscious and their products are always made in a way which ensures they are as kind to the planet as possible.
XCMAN Complete Ski Snowboard kit
Next up is the XCMAN Complete Ski Snowboard kit:
- XCMAN Complete Ski Snowboard Wax Tuning Kit. Perfect kit for families or those needing to tune many skis/snowboards! The edge tool is the last tool you will ever need - it does every angle for both base and side - This one tool is all you need to sharpen and bevel your edges for side edges. Dial a precise SIDE angle from 1 degree to 4 degrees(86/87/88/89 degrees).Does every angle imaginable!
- Temperature adjustable 1000W XCMAN wax iron (230 volt) with a thick sole plate for temperature stability. Fine-tuned temperature from below 100 C / 212 F and rises to 170 C / 338 F. Features a unique curved plate to cup melted wax.
- Large tool bag: Internal strap to secure wax iron; two internal open-access tool pockets and zippered mesh pocket; external quick access pocket; two carry straps with a velcro clasp handle. Roomy enough to add more items!
- Large 100 g bar of quality All Temperature Wax (enough for about 12 waxings); Snowboard Wax Scrapers with a corner notch for edge cleaning.
- Metal Scraper; 2 Clear and 2 Black P-Tex,Waxing scraper,Sand paper,Buff Pads,200mm length metal file,waxing apron
This is a huge 15 piece complete kit at £85.99, with a wax iron included. It all comes in a waterproof, heavy-duty bag. Perfect for taking on a snowboarding holiday. While this is the priciest of the options, it is a complete kit, with everything you need, wax, scraper, brushes, the works!
ZUMWax HIGH FLUORO RUB ON PASTE WAX Ski/Snowboard
Now we have an interesting option from ZUMWax:
- No hassle HIGH FLUORO NANO TECHNOLOGY All-Temperature Rub On PASTE Wax used for RACE applications.
- Two step application: Apply evenly & let it dry, then polish
- 4 oz -- Color: White
- Pocket Size, Nano Technology = Extreme Speed
- Air temperature Range: 10°C to -30°C or 50°F to -22°F
This is a quick, no hassle option and a bargain at £32.21! A rub on wax for great speedy results. You simply have to apply it to your board evenly and let it dry, before then lightly brushing your board. It states that it can last between 5-7 runs. This would be great for someone who perhaps doesn’t have the space or ability to carry around a big kit with them, but still wants the protection offered from wax.
Ski Snowboard Tuning Starter Full Universal Coconut Wax Edge Tool & Iron
Finally, we have a great all-round kit from SKI:
- Ski & Snowboard Tuning Universal Strawberry All Temp Tuning Kit
- The Ultimate Kit to keep your Snowboard or Skis in Top Condition
- Full Starter Tuning Kit, Edge Tool & Wax Iron
This is priced at £79.99. It comes complete with a wax iron, iron-on coconut scented wax, scraper, brushes, cleaner and files to help keep your board looking its best! It contains everything you need to clean your dirty board and remove any wax currently on it, before then applying fresh wax!
So there we have it, five of the best snowboard wax kits currently available for purchase! There are great options available regardless of whether you are just getting started in snowboarding, or are more seasoned!
Nothing left to do now, except get your kit, grab your board and hit some slopes!
If you enjoyed this article you might also like to read about Smith Ski Goggles